Quick How-to on Coupons
A few of you have asked how to use coupons. Well I had to dig into it myself I really learn, and this is what I came up with.
- Your coupons will appear at the top of the User Favor Sales Page.
- If you don’t see them there, please contact Skahz. He is best suited to track this problem down.
- If there is a Green border around your coupons, they will be used on your next transaction
- If there is a Red border around them, then you will want to click on that coupon.
Note the Red Border, this coupon will not work for the next purchase.
- If you see Inactive near the top of the coupon, then you will need to activate it.
- Click the Green Activate Button
Note that red Inactive warning. Click the green Activate button to make it work on the next sale
- This should activate your coupon & it will be used on your next purchase.
- IF your coupon is not used when you make a purchase, and didn’t get removed, then you are likely trying to use it with an item that it wasn’t intended for. Read the description of the coupon and verify what it is meant for.
- Enjoy the discount 😀
Training to Be a Pirate – Step 1
So as a new player, it is important to focus on boosting your Strength, Defense, and Speed in your beginning training, though not in that exact order, explained below. I say this because until you can save some gold and buy a ship that has any attacking capabilities, it is to your best advantage to start focused on simple hand to hand combat with other players or NPC’s. Since all three stat’s go hand-in-hand, it is best to train those first. Keep that in mind it is recommended that your Speed and Defense stats should remain higher than your Strength, but not too much higher. My general rule of thumb is to keep Speed at the highest of the 3 stats, followed closely with your Defense, and finishing with your Strength. When creating a new character, the Energy Level you start with is insufficient to exhaust the entire energy into on category, so in the beginning, try breaking the total energy level into three numbers. For Strength, Defense, and Speed, I would recommend training the following amounts respectively:
Now that we have taught you the basics of training, click here to learn more about building your pirate!
Training to Be a Pirate – Step 2
Energy Potions… Someone should make a Monster version!
As you are training you will discover that your energy and awake levels deplete quickly. One easy fix is to “Vote for Rewards” each day and receive the bonus Energy and Nerve Potions. Also, if you get your respected status for each vote you will receive 3 of each potion as opposed to the one you would normally get as an unrespected pirate. To learn more about Respect status click here, and discover the benefits received in that post, but suffice it to say that the sooner you get your respected status the better. The other potions you will need to boost train are awake potions. There are several different types of Awake Potions that fill your Awake meter to different degrees, but the main potions are Focused Awake Potions (which are not transferable), Awake Potions, and Half Awake Potions. These potions can be acquired through completing Quests, opening Treasure Chests, joining Gangs that actively compete in in-game Competitions, purchasing potions through the Grand Spice Trading Store (the first of which is in Port Royal), playing in Competitions that offer Awakes as reward, and finding/asking other kind higher leveled players for donations.
WRONG! Move To A NEW House Ye Dogs!
Once you have accumulated Energy Potions and Awake Potions, you can begin to Boost Train. Boost Training is where you train your full amount of energy in one particular stat, and then click the image of the Energy Potion to refill your energy. As you train at a lower level, it will take longer to deplete your Awake bar (located in the top right portion of the screen, but once that is depleted entirely; simply click the image next to the particular Awake Potion you want to use and continue boosting. Keep in mind, however, that the lower your Awake status drops the less you will increase the training stat you are focusing on. In the beginning of your training, I recommend training 5 times in your Speed stat, 4 times in your Defense stat, and 3 times in your Strength stat (sometime 4 times in Strength if you have enough Awake to accomplish this). If you want to increase your Awake levels, simply save your gold and move to a new house under the “Move House” link in the “Things to Do” Category on the left hand column.
Okay, so what if you’re a complete n00b here?
What if you just started playing, got the basics, and want to join a gang. Getting into a gang would be easy right? Getting in as a new player wouldn’t be the hard part, but what if you have aspirations to be a gnarly pirate captain and move up the ranks in my gang?
Even Popes Need You to Level Up!
First I guess I should explain a little bit about gangs. ‘Gangs’ are groups within the game that band together to help others who hold the same title of the gang. No this isn’t your everyday blood VS crypts battle for the streets but you could look at it that way since many people are ruthless and conniving, or you could simply see it as the Hatfields & McCoys where they are all close knit family that love to feud. But here’s the important question you and so many before you have wondered.
How would I impress my gang leader so they promote me within their ranks? Well if you’re still reading this I’m assuming you wondered that anyways. I guess I’ll take a break from my rum songs to fill you guys in on a bit of useful information on how you can do just that.
• Gangs have gang wars/competitions: Help them win wars/competitions and you’re sure to get noticed by your leader. They’ll probably like you just for being active. However, help them beat out their rivals in the gang competitions and they’ll love you.
• Integrity: As backwards as this sounds for a pirate game, leaders look for honest players to help them grow their gangs. They want someone who’s willing to take on a new player and help them along their way.
• Time: As with anything in this world you have to put in the time to get where you want to be. Proving your loyalty to the gang leader by putting in your time with them is probably the most surefire way to gain their loyalty down the road.
• Recruit new members: If you join a gang and quickly establish yourself as someone who’s going to help it grow, you’ll be sitting in the right pocket of your leader’s blazer before you know it.
• Help Level the gang up: When you gain XP your gang gains XP. It would be mighty impressive to say you were the one responsible for leveling your gang up X levels.
• Voting system: Several gangs have some sort of internal voting system that is setup by the leader. For example after you’ve served your time in the gang you could become a leader within the ranks by being voted as such by 3 or more other members. This isn’t really something you can do to impress your leader but it’s nice to know that some gangs have their own form of democracy.
• Communication, Communication, Communication. Do I need to say it again?
Communicate Ye’ Dogs!
Communication. It is fundamentally one of the most important things for ANY team doing ANYTHING. The same goes for gangs. Keeping in contact with your leader and other members to see what the gang is doing at any given moment ensures your role within the gang is more than just taking up space.
Ultimately there are a million ways to impress your gang leader depending on who they are but covering these basics should help you along the way. Happy Sailing.
What is Respected Status?
Well if ye want the best that Rule the Seas have to offer, you need to have a respected status to get it. It sets you apart from lowly dogs that just piddle in minor crimes, gambling on the weekends and the real rulers of the sea who are committed to questing through all the isles we can throw you into, along with training bonuses that help you level up quickly.
Get the Respect Ye Deserve
I Want Respect!
Ye’ new pirates were wondering how to get the respected pirate status eh? Upon logging in after creating your account you were gifted with 5 days of the Respected Pirate status when you created the account. You fiddled around learning the game and your 5 days went by before you blinked. If you were anything like me you spent too much time trying to figure out how to play the game, found the tavern, forgot what you were doing and bam no more respected status.
Who Needs the Blasted Thing
So, now you’re thinking “Eh, who needs respected status anyways?” Yeah I thought the same thing, turns out it’s actually pretty important when doing certain quests. A LOT of quests, HUNDREDS of them to be more specific, require respected status. Having the respected status puts you in a different tier of pirates and rightfully so. Gaining full access to the game (like any game) is not a right, it’s a privilege that you earn by doing certain things within the game. Did you want a list of what the status actually provides? Fine, here it is.
- 25% Training Boost
- Travel time between ports reduced by 30 seconds
- Energy, nerve, and awake regenerate twice as fast
- Steal 10% more Gold while mugging
- Access over 200 additional RP only quests
- 3x the potion rewards for voting!
- 10% Bonus to ALL experience for yourself and your gang
- Access an additional profession
- And finally, a bright and shiny User Name.
So how do you get back the respected status?
For the Free Loading Scallywags
Get some spice as found in our How to Earn Spice directions.
Do it Faster with Some with Favor
You could always buy some with Favor. You know what I am talking about don’t you? The same favor used to buy many things from the Favor Shop to expedite your gameplay expectations. Click here to get some Spice now, then go to one of the spice shops above and buy your respected status quickly.
Three Spice Shops
After sailing around a bit you’ll find 3 specific ports. Port Royal, East India, and Bombay are three ports which after navigating to the spice shop sell packs to restore respected pirate status. 500 spice/ 30 days, 1000 spice/ 60 days, 1500 spice/ 90 days. Visit those ports just mentioned and use your spice to refill the status is the easiest free loading way to fulfill your needs.
- The ship of Skahz’s Lieutenant
The shipyard is exactly what it sounds like it would be, a place to buy ships! This is important as a new player because without a ship you cannot go to different ports. As you progress upgrading your ship is just as important since a higher leveled ship will give you a much better chance of winning when you are attacked by other players.
You can purchase a ship with either gold or spice.
When upgrading your ship it’s important to check the stats of the ship and make sure you’re set up properly. If you’re built for speed you want to make sure you’re not downgrading your speed when upgrading your ship.
Various Ship Mods
An important part of the game that I myself did not know about right off the bat was ship modifications. Modifying your ship gives it further upgrades and can help you in naval attacks and when attacking in game characters. There are several items obtained by quests/comps/trading with other pirates that you can use to change the stats of your ship.
These modifications get listed in a table to show you the stat boosts they provide. Finding the best items can give you quite a boost when attacking other players and usually become the deciding factor in winning or losing.
There are a few ways to earn spice, some involve more effort than others but hey nothing worth having is going to be easy to get, right? Spice is one of the more valuable in game resources so the quantities earned are often much lower than what you would see when earning gold.
Big Bag of Spice!
- Buy Spice: Go ahead and click here to buy some in the Favor Shop. This is the fastest way to get some.
- Quests: As with gold when you do quests you are rewarded with spice. I mean it does pay off to play through the storyline ya’ know?
- Use a profession to craft items that are coveted by active players and trade those items for spice. Make use of the player base as an open market for your needs.
- Refer players: As stated in the game referring a player gives you 500 spice once they’re a validated player then you get 10 spice every day they are a respected pirate. So if you refer enough players who become respected pirates you’ll create a daily income of spice you can then use in the player market for other goods.
- After navigating through the ‘Things to do’ page and going to the gamble tavern you can find the 50/50 spice. This is a section where players can wager bets against each other. Depending on the value wagered you can get a little or an enormous amount of spice in a matter of seconds. Be warned however, it is gambling so you could win or lose a great fortune here.
- Pirates ARE Lucky, so Get a Chest! So when you want to just try your luck you could always try to get a chest to drop one of the packs, go ahead click here to buy one and try it, we dare ya!.
We heard ye pockets were empty and yearning for some gold! We also heard you were having trouble getting gold so we decided to make it easy for you and just tell you how to get it.
• Quests: It’s easy, do them, you get gold. Simple enough? Quests can offer anywhere from millions to sometimes billions in gold for completing them.
• Crafting: Craft items that yield a high payout when selling them to the game and you can earn a good bit of gold really quickly just by crafting items you probably won’t need anyways. For example, at level 240 the crafting sub profession tailoring you learn the skill to make Suede Strap Boots. These need 8 strong thread to craft. Crafting and selling these back to the game gives you a value of 55,000,000 each. Do this 20 times and you have just earned 1.1 Billion gold.
• Get your gang to control ports within the game. You get a large sum each hour for controlling ports and you also get rewarded during port takeovers.
• Gamble Tavern: After you go to ‘Things To Do’ explore the Gamble Tavern as everything listed here is there to help gain resources.
• Any further questions could be directed towards the Tavern for player responses.
Tues – Oct. 6 – Tips and Tricks
Tip of the Day! Click to Enlarge
Ahoy Pirates! It is a Tips and Tricks Day and we want to give you a few tips and tricks to be used in the game! Wanna level up faster?
- Go to “Pirate Search” on the “Things to Do” tab and begin searching for other pirates that ye can defeat.
- In the “Consideration” drop down, select Very Easy.
- Next move to the “Level” section and put your current level in for the low number and then put a level that is 50-100 levels higher in the maximum box.
- Deselect all ports and begin your search!
But be careful…sometimes you may need to train more to beat Very Easy Higher Level Pirates.
Brought to you by Captain Vane